Tuesday 25 February 2014

What a messy week, phew!

This hot humid weather is a shocker. I felt so exhausted after my bike ride on Tuesday that I was worried that I had caught my husband's bug. But no it must have been the heat. I am so sick of being hot ,wet and exhausted.
Wednesday's weigh in was successful ,yeh 2weeks in a row!   Fantastic.
Diet plan was difficult . Both of my children were leaving home this week. My daughter returning to  Melbourne to attend uni and my son starting uni in Brisbane. Final dinners, shared with family and  friends was hard to navigate.
Emotional eating and drinking raised it's ugly head, damage control was in place, I knew we were free to get back to normal by Saturday night .
Well to my greatest surprise the empty nest feeling crept upon me. Now that was a surprise, I spent a  month on my own last year so I thought I was  immuned ! Good grief my son is only in Brisbane, but oh well!   Feeling dull I set off to work for the day on Sunday , giving myself this one day to mourn.  I must admit I surcumbed  to the call of chocolate.
Well move on I did. Monday I was back on the program. No more misery back on track. Another boxing workout and a walk. Back  to yummy food and back to painting. I'm feeling much better, and the heat has gone!
I have two empty rooms but life challenges back on track, and feeling good.
Weigh in this week may be slightly less exciting but next week may be better.
Measurements will be interesting too
Fitness test? That will be interesting, less impressive I suspect. Progress maybe slow but defiantly steady.
Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Why oh why does chocolate call our names when time gets tough, as opposed to sprouts or lettuce or beans! LOL. One day won't destroy the foundations you've build.

    Carol / www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete