Monday 17 February 2014

Pushing that envelope,Saturday

It's Saturday morning,the sun is out ,no wind,so off we set on another ride. We were aiming at doing at least 40 km. we did 36 a couple of weeks ago so no pressure. I was able to ride the hills this time.not hug hills , short and steep. We did 46km.  
Well all good till the last 4km.oh dear we were stuffed.i ran out of water! It was humid but on a bike you get lots of breeze.  We both felt we had done 100 km.  Got home and just crashed.
The total exhaustion seemed a bit over the top to me. I know we burnt about 1500 calories, but we ate and kept our fluids up except for last km. 
Any way next day I was fine so did the boxing workout as I was having Monday as a lay day .
My poor husband was exhausted the next day too and felt terrible too boot . Yes your right he had caught a bug, so the ride certainly didn't do him any good. Such bad timing.  He is still sick today two days later. 
I went on a ride this morning,still struggling with faded energy, maybe I'm fighting the bug too. I even had to stop and buy a boost juice to get me home. I'm not  usually like that. It is very humid, but i go pretty early  morning. Ah, as time goes on all will be clear.  I don't feel sick just tired.
I even started my challenge today,39 push-ups . All guns firing here!
WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY !
Yes I do sneak peaks through the week, all looks fine. My small loss last week has remained off and maybe a little more tomorrow.
I am only losing around .5 kg per week, but I know my waist has reduced by a couple of cm. Enough to notice changes in clothes. Isn't that amazing. I'm redistributing at a good rate. It makes up for the poor change in scales.  This is a good result for me, me losing anything is amazing!
Programming that works!
I have to say I am really enjoying the varied timetable , meaning different exercises each day.
Walking, riding ,one day of weights and a couple of video workouts. 

I can't always get the high calorie burn but it's coming together slowly. Yeh!
The food is a breeze! I keep getting told it isn't enough on riding days. I will keep it as it is unless I'm finding I can't keep up with riding then I will  reassess  
I supposed I covered too many ideas in one post. I feel if I write every day a spend all my time on the computer/ ipad.  
I'm loving this sharing of thoughts, such an indulgence!
I hope  my words are useful to other people  . 
Come share in the journey.
Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment