Thursday 13 February 2014

Trying not to be disappointed

I did the bend it with bridges. My bod really let's me down.  Well to be real it's not surprising. I had a hip replacement in 2007 with great result. Magic really. But naturally my hips aren't what they used to be. My concern is when it comes to hip I'm not sure if pain is the warning of going too far. Any other dodgy parts I only go as far as it takes to get mild discomfort and I have had no ill effects in fact I am getting freer. Most people I ask are over  cautious so I will email my surgeon.he is a sportsman so will advise .
 My body slows me down so much I can't do the workouts as I'd like. I suspect my workouts are not up there in calorie burn. I just have to be patient and let my bits and pieces catch up. At least I have the bike riding. That is usually 600 to 1000 calories.
So far no pain and that is great, stiffness yes, but no pain. Yeh! And I suppose it is getting better slowly. Gym classes  usually send me to the Physio so all good. Stop winging! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sal, I think it is wise to listen to your body. And we have to trust ourselves with that. Good thinking about contacting the surgeon. Now I can tell you that it took me ages to get to the point I burnt 500 cals, and the program still worked for me, so don't worry too much about that. 80% food 20% exercise. I figured in the first round that I did, at least what I was doing was more than I had be doing, and it worked. So trust in yourself, listen to your body and don't get disappointed.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete